Key difficulties often expressed by students and young people
- I cannot do as will in my studies as other people expect me to do.
- I do not know enough about the qualifications needed for different kinds of work or careers.
- I worry too much about what my future will be after I have finished my studies.
- Even though I force myself, my attention will not remain on my assignments long enough to finish them.
- I do not know how to make friends among the opposite sex.
- I do not have sufficient information about matters on sex.
- I do not know enough about my aptitudes and abilities for different kinds of work or careers.
- It is difficult for me to get the books I need for study.
- I cannot read fast enough to complete my studies in time.
- I do not know proper methods of study.
- I have more difficulty in forgetting my mistakes than I believe I should have.
The eleven areas may be summarized under four headings- Study habits and skills, Career choice, knowledge of aptitudes and abilities, Sex education.
BOSCO CGC SERVICES [CAREER GUIDANCE & COUNSELING]
Overall Project Objective:
Building Resilience to empower the children and young people by providing counseling and career guidance services.
Specific Project Objectives:
- To enable the children and youth to explore viable education and career options through the provision of accurate and comprehensive information;
- To help children and youth cope with their behavioral problems, academic issues, peer influences and negative stimuli through positively structured career guidance and counseling services;
- To nurture one’s self- awareness, self-directedness and life skills to set wise goals, to continually learn, and add value to their future workplace;
- To inculcate an appreciation for the value of all occupations and how they contribute to the well- functioning of society;
- To equip students with skills and means to positively engage their parents and other career influencers.
- To prepare the youth for the world of work by introducing them also to vocational courses through adequate training and preparation;
Locations of Career Guidance & Counseling Service Centers: